My dad wont accept my reaason of not attending an important celebration of him?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

What does that even mean? If you are a dependent child, you have to do what your custodial parent tells you to do. As an adult, they don't get to control you life. "Accept" really doesn't matter. He either believes or doesn't believe you. He either thinks it is a reasonable excuse or he doesn't. He will either be hurt and resentful if you don't attend or he will not.

If you have a legitimate reason for not attending and you've made a good faith effort to change whatever conflicting obligation you have, then that is all you can do. If you've provided some flimsy excuse just because you don't want to attend, you shouldn't be surprised if your father sees through your ruse and calls you on it. We all make choices and have to live with the consequences of the choices.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

This is your father. I'm sure you can spare time to be with him. Cherish every moment with him - you will regret it big time when he no longer is on this earth!

Unless you are sick or dying, then you should attend the celebration.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Then I guess you two will have this between you into perpetuity. Without knowing your reasons it's impossible to determine whether they're valid or not.

• 5 months ago

ẞeems like there's more going on than you are telling us. For whatever reason you don't want to attend now he knows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

dumb child... dumb child

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I saw your "reason" in some comments you left, it's a very weak and quite lame one at best.

I'd feel like I failed my kids if they were so selfish that they couldn't go to a celebration of their dad's, because they were too lazy to transport the same outfit somewhere twice in 3 weeks.

• 5 months ago

I read your comments and the reason you do not want to attend your father's special event is because you do not want to transport a suit both ways?

MY GOODNESS, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard.

You are not a very good son and like another person said, you are selfish. Indeed.

Shame on you.

Wait a minute, this is a trick troll question, right? Oh, I knew it.

• 5 months ago

Is it a valid or good reason?

ETA - no, it's not a good reason. He's got every right to be irritated.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

A celebration of "him"? What? You're not going to his quinceañera?

• Ramon5 months agoReport

his company 25 anniversary reason is have to wear suit but its in my condo and i have a corporate event in three weeks at school. ibdont want to bring my suit back and forth

• 5 months ago

You should attend his recognition to honor your father. I can’t imagine how or why you wouldn’t. You appear very selfish.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rinkydink
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

A terribly weak excuse. How hard is it to transport a suit for 2 occasions 3 weeks apart? I repeat “you appear very selfish”.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.