Is this a sign I'm doing God's will?

When I use to serve God to get attention and attract people and make friends I would get back pain every time I tried to serve God

Now that I serve God with no intention for personal gain other than the reward I get from God - I do not get pain in my body when I try to serve God

• Justin
    Best Answer

1 Corinthians 11:30-32 is pretty clear that GOD sends three increasingly powerful forms of discipline upon us when we repeatedly refuse to learn lessons or repent from sin. This divine discipline is evidence that we are actual legitimate children of GOD and members of the New Covenant, (Hebrews 12:5-8).

They are: 1) 'weakness,' (the inability to achieve goals or perform desired tasks); 2) 'sickness,' (any chronic or disabling reinforcing weakness or inability to perform tasks or achieve goals); 3) 'sleep,' (early or unnatural death arriving to rescue our soul from corruption and judgment along with evil).

This arriving discipline is part of the terms of the New Covenant we joined with GOD, Who promises to do whatever is necessary to save us, train us and assist us in lesson-learning, including the extreme of even ending our physical life and continuing elsewhere.

Back pain would be of the 'lesser' variety bordering on chronic disability. Your obedient response to the 'message' resulted in your restoration. I will take a moment here to thank GOD with you for this blessing.

Coincidence... You should serve God because you truly love him--not for personal gain, expecting something in return. In your case, not feeling body pain. There are millions of people that serve God with honest/true intentions and they are suffering tribulations. Does that mean they are not doing God's will? Absolutely not!

God reads our hearts. He knows our true intentions and emotions and will reward/bless those with an honest/humble heart.

Sounds like extortion to me, but since you're doing it to yourself....

• Jake

An excellent way to know the will of God is by reciting the rosary each day with care. The Virgin Mary grants signal graces to those who do so.

• My yoke is easy and my burden light.

• Mama Kimama

Since she won't let me post:
      Well, hello. That would be a logical conclusion. But I wouldn't be asking all the demons on the internet.

• Rick B

No. God does not work that way.