Does being a pet sitter a good job? Would I make a good sitter? How do I get started?

I'm not looking for a career just something to help make ends meet while I'm in college as well as happy while somewhat sane. A few of my friends have advised pet sitting because I love animals and when it comes to animals I fear nothing. I have a deep love and respect for animals, I actually love them... show more I'm not looking for a career just something to help make ends meet while I'm in college as well as happy while somewhat sane.

A few of my friends have advised pet sitting because I love animals and when it comes to animals I fear nothing.

I have a deep love and respect for animals, I actually love them more than people. Its almost therapeutic for me, because when I am around animals I am happy.

I've had pets all my life, mostly dogs, cats, rabbits and fish. I've fostered my share of kittens, and I even worked in a retail pet store for a few years. While I was there I made it a strict point to know all the best products for each and every pet at the customers price point, and this wasn't just dogs and cats it was lizards, birds, hamsters, rabbits, fish, you name it I had the answer.

Outside that volunteered with animals at my local nature center where I worked with hawks, eagles, turtles, fish, etc.... I also worked very briefly with an animal educator and helping him feed and maintain his reptile habitats (and these weren't little reptiles, these were retic and Burmese pythons, tegu, monitor lizards, etc...).

I know my way around pet lingo and can honestly say in regards to animal care the experts do not scare me.

So does any of that qualify me to pet sit? What does pet sitting pay (hourly and weekly), what are the pros and cons, what is the life of a pet sitter like? And what should I expect? How do I get started or where/who do I go to in order to start?

Thanks!
Update: I should add I'm currently living with my parents and provide most of the care for a 75, 30, and two 5 gallon freshwater fish tanks (each with live plants), 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a ball python. All of them are thriving and spoiled rotten.
Update 2: I also know what food items are toxic to certain pets, I know the signs that an animal is experiencing stress or is possibly ill, when to call and ask the vet about something, when you should make an appointment to see the vet, and when to rush to the emergency vet. In addition I also possess the ability to use... show more I also know what food items are toxic to certain pets, I know the signs that an animal is experiencing stress or is possibly ill, when to call and ask the vet about something, when you should make an appointment to see the vet, and when to rush to the emergency vet. In addition I also possess the ability to use common sense. If I do not have the answer to a question I will immediately seek it out.