Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 3 months ago

What to do when your sister invites you to her wedding and you really really don't want to be there?

It's a waste of time. There are plenty of better things to do then sit through some pretentious party with the fakest people on god's green Earth.

47 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Does she hate you as much as you hate her ? What's up with you two ? What did she do to you ?

• 3 months ago

She's your sister. You just go like it or not.

• GB
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

The polite thing is too send an RSVP, saying you can't attend. With your attitude, she will probably be relieved. It sounds like you do not get on with each other at all, and she might have only invited you because she felt obliged to do so.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

So go to the ceremony and make a brief appearance at the reception. You might find it more tolerable than you imagine, and if not, just quietly excuse yourself early.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

You suck it up and go. Don't be selfish. A wedding is important rather you value it or not. If family is not important to you then don't go. Maybe they will stop inviting you events since you are selfish enough to value your own short term entertainment over important milestones in your families lives.

• 3 months ago

You're a piece of s**t. Why don't you jump into the toilet and ……...FLUSH!

• 3 months ago

I wish there was more context but as your sister invited you, unless there is a reason you are not able to go, she expects you to be there. It’s for respect. Just because it may be boring or something you may not want to do it would mean the world to her that you were there on her wonderful day.

• 3 months ago

I dont know your reasons behind not wanting to attend but I think that is awful to think and speak of your sister in such a way especially on her big her day! A wedding is really special and it isnt something that you get an invitation to often. I know you say her and her party of people are some of "THE FAKEST PEOPLE ON GODS GREEN EARTH" BUT at the same time If you cant just show her some of your time or at least some support as a sister then maybe your one of "THE MOST SELFISH PEOPLE ON GODS GREEN EARTH" why cant you just put your own feelings aside just for one day for the sake of your sisters big day?

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

If you live far away, say you don't have the money to travel. Send a nice card though.

• 3 months ago

OMG....... In my culture, such question does not arise at all. In rare cases, if one is not having a good relationship even than he/she would go and attend the ceremony unless there are some serious issues like a court case or so. Anyways, I feel one should give preference to attend the marriage of his sister as this will further strengthen the bond between them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.