Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 5 months ago

White thing was stuck in my rats fur?

I have two male Rats and there is always thing like of white/yellow hard soft thing the leave behind in their hammocks. I spoke to the vets about it and he said it could be mucus but I came home from work today and one of my boys had it stuck in their fur and I couldn’t get it out so I actually had to cut it out. This stuff won’t even come off when I’m washing the hammocks. Should I be worried about it? Should I go back to the vets? Does anyone else Rat have this stuff? Iv tried searching the internet but all it comes up with is mites but my boys definitely don’t have mites. Someone help

I had a rabbit with something like what you describe. I would have to cut the fur go get it off; it had a sort of white-cheesy look and feel. That was a long time ago, and I don't remember how I got rid of it or what it turned out to be.

• shauna5 months agoReport

Yeah I had to cut it out my Rats fur. I did ask the vet but he said it was mucus but I thought rats mucus was supposed to be red.