J asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

How come my sister doesn’t really like or is close to my husband for friendship?

My sister and I are adults in our thirties. Well we aren’t very close siblings since our late teens due to different personalities and family drama. Anyways, we only text message each other every few months and see each other once a year at Christmas. But anyways, I got married a year ago but have known my husband for 5 years. Well my sister isn’t so close to my husband and she never buys him a gift for his birthday or doesn’t really have much to say about him when they are together at Christmas. It’s almost as if they are just acquaintances but nothing deep ever happens in terms of conversation.

Favorite Answer

You aren't close to your sister, why do you think she'd be close to your husband?

"we only text message each other every few months and see each other once a year at Christmas" Sounds like nothing deep ever happens in terms of conversation with you and your sister either, so why would she with your husband?

• Foofa

I wouldn't sweat that. It's when Sis is TOO close to hubby that you have to worry.

maybe shes jealous

• Kathy

You need to talk with her about it, to find out why.

If you don't know your own sister or haven't take the time to ask her, how are we supposed to guess?

Maybe they are having an intense affair behind your back and playing it cool in front of you?