The bible says greedy people become anxious - do you agree?

12 years ago when I owned a $60 phone - I loved it - it was easy to use and useful

Now that I own a $1240 phone - I am always depressed when I use it - the only thing its good for is watching online videos and checking mail

It might be due to greed - that I was greedy for spending so much on a phone

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

The Bible definitely talks about keeping a simple eye, meaning being content with being simple in life. This doesn’t mean you can’t have expensive things or a nice phone, but in effect you may be correct that sometimes when we over complicate our life, we may experience more anxieties in general. However, this is not to say your phone is a problem.

Yes, the Bible does say that. "The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep" (Ecclesiastes 5:12, KJV).

does it really say this. being anxious once was used as a word that meant diligent or persevering now it means a social mental illness. go figure.

Meh. I still use a $40 flip phone and a $500 desktop computer and I am as zen as can be.