Would you Trust a Can of Beans That's been Expired for 5 Months?

I mean it's a canned good so like...

I ate them. They were fine lol

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Canned goods don't expire. Well, not before 2050 and the tin isn't bulging, corroded, etc (you'll know when to pitch). They are perfectly good, what you are looking at is a best before date.

• Tara
    1 year ago

To be on the safe side … I would probably not trust them .. (and chunk them out).

1 year ago

yes, feed it to your mother in law first

• 1 year ago

As long as the can is not dented, bulging or rusty, it's fine indefinitely.

• 1 year ago

Yes, Ross, I would confidently eat those beans. As noted many times here, that is the manufacturer's suggested "best by" date, not an expiration date. The beans in the can are probably delicious. I would NOT, however, trust that can of beans with my credit card or with dating my daughter.

• 1 year ago

Virtually all canned foods that do not bulge the ends are safe to eat. In rare instances the can lining can fail after the use by date, but that changes taste and does not introduce harmful organisms.

• 1 year ago

DONT TAKE CHANCES.,DO YOU even have a can opener

• 1 year ago

“Trust”?

I’d trust it to be expired and possibly make me sick.

1 year ago

maybe not, if youre not sure dont eat it

• 1 year ago

No sweat. Expiration dates have little meaning. Toss a can that is leaking or swollen. Otherwise, canned food is good for years.

• ?
    1 year ago

I would. When you open it up do the sniff test. If it smells okay and isn't discolored and isn't bubbling then they'll be just fine.