Why does Canada and the U.S.A look developed then the South American countries don't?

Its weird cause they are all connected. Canada where I live we have Condos, Malls, so much construction building new houses, roads, healthcare more Nurses and Doctors , the trades are always looking like they need people.

Then I see Mexico and most parts of it like Tijuana, it didn't look too good. I see kids playing in the streets some with no clothes and I see their houses its like there are no doors same with Brazil, El Salvador, etc...

What does the US and Canadian Government do differently than those countries?

Some say that immigrants from Europe came to U.S and Canada to seek opportunity and better themselves.

For ex. We try to fight climate change and stuff, I doubt they do that in those countries. Theres a lot of poverty in those countries, in Canada we have unemployment insurance, homeless shelters, programs that will help get you jobs... etc..

Favorite Answer

You're basing a lot of conclusions on false data. Mexico has a fairly large GDP. However, one of the factors certainly has to be that Mexico, Central and South America were settled by Spaniard, who mostly wanted to enrich themselves and ship the riches home, where the US and Canada were settled by people who had cut their ties with their homelands and worked to build their new lands. There's also a religious aspect. Mexico has one of the highest birthrates in the world. The people are Catholic and don't use birth control. The result is that even when the GDP grows, it's divided up among more and more people every year, so it never means more money per person. The same is true throughout Central and South America. However, Mexico has invested heavily in education, and many people now find employment with international companies that have factories there. The same is not true in Honduras and Guatemala, where most of the asylum seekers are coming from now. Brazil has had considerable economic development, but there's still a huge divide between the few rich people and the many poor people

BTW, Mexico also has national health insurance and good programs of support for the people.

i think the countries in south america are developed

Now I happened to have traveled in Canada and the USA a bunch. I also have been to Mexico and to several other nations.

In Canada and the USA I (and you could too if you looked) found the same poverty conditions that I saw in Mexico or any other country I visited. Also in Mexico I can find the very things you brag about the US and Canada having.

It is all about what part of the country or even city you go look at.

As for why- the Spanish killed off the intellectuals and took all the skilled people they could away from those area's. The Spanish who stayed were either aristocrats who intermarried or social rejects from other parts of the world. The practice of genocide and the long term results is something these countries are just emerging from.

The fact that many of these nations are just getting over the damage done by the Spanish is one reason I am against illegal immigration into the USA. Those societies need the very ones who are deserting those nations to become a better nation then the USA ever dreamed of becoming.

South American nations are NOT majority white.... yes... it DID make a difference.

• sam

How many governments did the CIA overthrow?

Huge text- what's below, another question to be blocked out?