Would you tell a doctor that it is none of his business if you have sex?

I am not active yet but I would tell no and that you don't care if he demanded to know. I would not take Hep-B or HVP.

I am not active yet but the thought is weird in a good way. I've got a great guy but I am not a place to use and go. No way that could happen. It would be very easy to find a guy but I have a boyfriend who loves me. The doctors can only advise. "Like if you do... " Just understand me. In that way he can get my trust, not "you should". " If you would like some information or advice let me know, no pressure". That brings trust.

I have too many doctors already and they should read my files. I don't have time for this and telling me what to do. If he has seen so many doctors, specialists, surgeons, Neuro-Epileptic, Neuro-Muscular, Heart Specialist, (two heart failures, by the way. I have EMGs, Spinal Taps for the Ataxia and others to follow. They can't fix the muscular disorder. I am a virgin anyway and he will not know that because I have had it already. So, whatever I can refuse I will. I am so sick.

Furthermore, I Had a Subdural Hematoma when I had an epileptic seizure. I fall all of the time. I get concussions when I fall or have seizures. A month ago I went to the E]R with chest pain and a blood pressure 215/110. Just this morning 104/66. I had morphine but I don't take narcotics most of the time. I pretty but what does it matter anyway. Going to college now and get good grades. I will go as long as I can. Did you know in two years I will be in a wheelchair?

I had subdural Hematoma I was put into the ICU. When I took a shower I had a person watching in case I fell. No biggie. She and I talked a lot. Good that I do not have Diabetes but I could get due to the Ataxia, I would get most people have been through the amount if I have, Thankfully I was adopted. They are Korea too. Foster, group homes. I will never speak to them ever or when I die. So this doctor cannot know and if he tried to make me, I would sue him. But he can't.

I won't tell him and do not expect too. I don't let anyone but MY doctor in when I have an examination. All Interns, residents and med students know that. I don't ever let those people in. They can wait for the next patient who does. Same with EMS regarding history. No that.

• Ana
    Best Answer

I guess it’s ok to tell him it’s not his business, if you HADNT had sex yet but are embarrassed by the fact you’re a virgin.

But once you DO start having sex, it’s important to tell him so he can help property keep you medically healthy and safe. Because that’s his job, and because sex is a medically risky thing. That’s a fact. It’s fun, awesome... but risky. Dont be naïve!

• Chae-won3 months agoReport

Thank you for being respectful. But I will only tell him about my sexual history. Man, I can't even remember my totally history. Too complicated. My dad is a doctor and my Mom too. Well, they actually them him. I might take awhile. What I listed was a small portion.

Thank you.

• Lita

No, I would not tell my doctor it was none of his/her business if I was sexually active. I would be aware that there was a medically valid reason my doctor was asking and answer all questions asked because it would be what was best for my medical health.

• Chae-won3 months agoReport

I have never had sex, yet. My boyfriend is cool and we have been going out for one year. He is 6'7". I am 5'3". I asked him not to talk about my conditions. We hang out a lot. He can to the Hospital with me. My dad and mom are doctors. They respect my wishes. I am not .telling the ob/gyn

• David

It's never a good idea to lie to a doctor. But more importantly, why would you object to such a question? No matter what you have to say to your doctor, as long as it is TRUE....

I guarantee you there's nothing you could tell him that he hasn't heard a thousand times before. You could tell him that you are a 40 year old virgin. Yawn. Or you could tell him that you pull a train with the local college football team every Friday night. And then you f*ck all of their cheerleaders, also. Your doctor will not judge you, as he's heard worse, many times. He might advise you in ways to protect your health while engaged in (whatever you are doing or NOT doing...) because that is HIS JOB. He's a PROFESSIONAL.

There are no logical reasons to lie or withhold information from your doctor. Your doctor is helping you to be healthier. He needs valid information about your lifestyle in order to do that. If he asks if you have sex, that IS his BUSINESS. He's in the business of helping human beings to be healthier. Sex is human behavior that can have both good and bad effects on health. He needs to know, and there is no good reason to not tell him. Assuming that you and the doctor are alone, when he asks such questions. He is legally bound to protect your privacy. Keep that in mind.

• David

Chae-won,

If doctor asks about sex, tell him that you are still virgin. There is no shame in that. There is no shame either way. Even if you were sexually active, both men and women have sexual needs. Your doctor certainly knows that! Your doctor won't judge, and he must protect your privacy.

If he needs information he can call 411. lol

No, I wouldn't, but then again, I've never been institutionalized. I'm sure your sex life is part of your mental health issues. Don't want to discuss your sex life with the Doctor? Get a Court Order to be released from the institution and find another Physician - "How many times have you been committed to a Psych Ward and why? I've been taken there in handcuffs. These places suck and they make you go to classes. Some cafeterias have good food and they don't have caffeine the coffee."

• Chae-won3 months agoReport

It has been two years since I was there "voluntarily". Voluntarily is not what it means. That is a trap. Don't get there. Only outpatient. It is all about insurance money anyway. Not going to be tricked again and can only talk to my boyfriend. I am not a cutter (much). No scars but surgery.

No. I would hope that it may aid his diagnosis.; What are you afraid of anyway?

• Chae-won3 months agoReport

I am not afraid of anything but it is my right to deny that. I would do the breast exams every five years, same with pap smears. Many studies support this position regarding the two tests. Not sexually active.

it kinda is his business. His job is your health; your sexual health (STIs, pregnancy, dysfunction, etc.) is part of your health.

• Chae-won3 months agoReport

Still if you are virgin and don't want to he has to respect that. I emphasize that often. Have to.