Hairy asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 9 months ago

At what point is gambling considered an addiction?

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

At any point you can't stop. Generally If you keep withdrawing money, or spend more money than you intend to or borrow money to keep gambling, it's become an addiction. The most difficult part will be telling yourself no, that enough is enough. You ARE NOT going to win. Your luck will not change, and you need to accept this. The most dangerous thing you can say to yourself is "What if?" or "Maybe next time?" In this case being optimistic is a hindrance. I've always found it helpful to bring a set amount of money and leaving when I'm done. I don't ever gamble with money I can't afford to live without and I never gamble with the idea that I'm going to make money, because you generally don't. Even people who win the lottery have usually spent years or even decades spending thousands of dollars for that maybe, and for everyone who wins, there are countless thousands who don't.

Gambling becomes an addiction when it is something you or a loved one cannot control and when it begins to affect a person’s financial, familial, social, recreational, educational, or occupational functioning.

• Daniel8 months agoReport

Absolutely agree, the best reply as for me. I love to spend time at some of these websites https://casinobetsites.com/ , but I never feel addicted and moreover, gambling never affects my financial and social functioning. 

Point point point gambling poimt

• Jeff T

If you've ever borrowed money to gamble.

• Betty

When you leave home with a pocket full of money and come home with nothing....

when you gamble more after the first gamble you do

I've been a gambler for a long time. I think it's addicting from the start. I've seen some people who simply don't gamble. I think if you gamble at all you're addicted. Every bet you place will most likely lose so it's always an addictive thing to gamble.

• Erik

Plenty of people gamble less than once a year, my parents. for example. They're not addicted.

if you can't walk away from a bet

• Bill

When it interferes with your life, as in gambling away your grocery money or rent money. "I went to Las Vegas in a $20,000 car and came home in a $100,000 bus."

• A.J.

An addiction is something you are unable to stop that has detrimental affects.

Stock investing is gambling. Any financial investment with risk is a gamble.

If you gamble and win, it's only whether the time is more important elsewhere.

When it consumes time or money needed for other purposes, it is an addiction that needs breaking.

when you're offering BJs for poker chips