Are the beats pro by dr dre a decent pair of headphones?

You can get better sound for less money.

• Who

fantastically over priced

If you like their sound then yes. I use Audeze LCD2 (with fazor 4 upgrade) and a Cowon Plenue 1 player with my CD music ripped to Apple Lossless or FLAC. It is all personal choice as everyone's ears and eyes are different. Why does an old guy like me at 63 need 4K TV when my eyes are most likely running at 2k due to age? Ditto for my ears.

Listen to them with a track you know really well and then decide.

Nothing from that brand is decent.

There are better ones that cost less --- sometimes a Lot less.

There are plenty of better choices that cost less and perform better.

Beats are fashion accessories masquerading as audio equipment marketed to clueless children with too much money.

• Tony B

It's not a brand I've ever bought but I get the impression they are fairly low-quality and greatly over-priced. Personally, I'd tend always to avoid anything like this with “pro” in the name!

No.

They are one one of the new style "techno bling" brands, where you are paying for the logo or name and appearance only - not in any way the sound quality (or any other quality)..

Go with Sony, Sennheiser or any of the long-established makers - and check that they publish the full technical specifications for anything you are considering buying.

The only reason makers do not provide technical specifications for any audio get is because they know it would show how bad their products are.

No specifications: buy other stuff elsewhere.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I say no. Beats headphones not particularly great both in sound and build quality. My cousin bought a pair of Beats headphones years ago and I wasn't impressed by them. They cost him over $200 and the audio quality wasn't impressive. They didn't sound horrible to me, but they just didn't sound like they were worth that much money. The build quality was also pretty shoddy. A $200+ pair of headphones shouldn't feel as if it were going to break easily. The plastic had a lot of flex to it and it just overall felt pretty cheap and brittle. They also made a concerning creaking sound when adjusting them.

I bought a pair of Senheiser HD280 pro headphones and they sound much better than my cousin's Beats Pro, and they cost $80 vs $200+. Sure, they might not look as flashy or "cool" as the Beats or even have Bluetooth, but they sound a lot better, which is more important for me.

I personally wouldn't waste my money on this brand. The thing they do well is marketing, but that's just about it. Their products are highly overpriced and not really worth it.

meh, they are okay.