I am weird for recording shows on TV which adverts so I can skip through them when I watch later?

I no longer watch TV with advertising when it is broadcast. They just spoil the flow of the programmes. In what other medium would that even be allowed?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • carrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

I do exactly the same thing, the ads drive me crazy,

• Jim
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Not at all. Sometimes I swear there is more commercial time than actual show.

• 2 months ago

You are likely in the sizable majority. I NEVER watch anything live. At best, I'll record & start about 1/3 - 1/2 way through the scheduled playing time & fast forward past any & all ads.

• night
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

My remote has a commercial skip button that advances one minute each time it is pushed, so there are a lot of people that like that option.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That's been done since the days of the VCR. But -- a lot of on-demand programs no longer allow Fast Forward, so they've found a way to force you to see the commercials.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. That's extremely common, and one of the benefits of watching a show on tape rather than live. Companies which measure TV ratings now take into account whether people watch them live or on tape because the ones on tape can skip through the ads, making them less effective for advertisers.

• Stan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's a brilliant way of dodging the adverts, yes! we have done it in the past.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't mind them. I just hit the mute button, then I have a few minute to go to the bathroom, get something to eat, or something to drink; without missing the show.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.