FedEx lost my overnight package and it ended up in Memphis? Why?

The package was supposed to arrive at 1030 am but never did. I opened up a case and they said they doing a trace search. I even went to the place I shipped it from and they said they are searching the facility to look for it and will call me back with any updates. I knew something was up because I work third shift and was tracking the tracking during the night and I didn’t see and new scans. There are only two scans. One for the label being created, and one saying picked up meaning they accepted the package from me. (They creates the label there btw.) Thus package was time sensitive. Then when I look it says the package is in Memphis. I live in pa and was shipping it out two hours away to Maryland.

even if you ship across town, your package goes through Memphis. You may be able to get a refund of shipping charges, but that's it.

FedEx handles millions of packages every day some of them are bound to get lost

No services are perfect.

• gary s

Memphis is the sorting center for Fed Ex.Your package missed it's plane because it did not hear the boarding announcements before it fell off the conveyor belt in Memphis. Now they have to hunt it down and put it on the next days plane.

Source(s): Cable documentary.
  • ron h

• Robert

Ernie, on the late crew misread the memo Fred sent from the home office and instead of putting your package on conveyor 7, he had a brain fart and put it on 11. He said something about reading the paper which instructed him to put all packages going to the northeast on 7 but somehow his mind turned 7 into 11. You can see how they sound alike, right? But even in his mind the written word just ended up being 11 and he tossed your package, oh yeah, and Tom's package on to 11. Well you both called us and we are embarrassed. at the mistake. By the way, do you know Tom? He lives in Williamsport. Anyway. The packages from line 7 got to Memphis and all of a sudden I'm getting calls up here saying "what the hell is up with you guys, I've got number 11 directed packages coming in with a full truckload of 7s. Well you can imagine my shock and horror when I realized that something was wrong. I immediate got my route manual down and directed Memphis to get those packages on to belt number 14 stat and get them on an airplane to Harrisburg where they could be immediately sent to the sorting center for distribution to you and Tom. Again we are so embarrassed. I viewed the shop video and can plainly see Ernie reading the memo about directing your package to belt 11 but seconds later he takes a bunch of packages for Memphis and puts them on 7 and then reaches back without thinking and grabs your package and Tom's package and puts them right on top of the other packages on 7. It was a human error. I spoke with Ernie and he feels just terrible about it and wishes he could offer more than an apology. I swear the guy was really shaken up and almost in tears. I had to send him to the break room to calm down. He did take it seriously and is very upset. I've put him back on the line but in a less busy part of the place where he is only moving bags from the belts to the trucks Since all the bags are presorted and all going to one truck, it should not be a problem and it will give him time to calm down and think about his error. I do believe he is a good employee and I'll move him back to his usual position in a day or so because I believe he will be extra careful and not make that mistake again. And that's how your package ended up in Memphis. It was all a mistake.

Make a claim with them.

They deliver thousands of packages daily. It is surprising that more do not get lost in the confusion.

Memphis is a hub or distribution center for the northeast. I live in Boston and any packages I send or receive goes through Memphis. All packages from certain areas are sent to that hub where it will be sorted out and then sent to the next hub where it will be delivered.