Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Where did Jesus, the one they call ‘the Christ’, come from?

I’m told Jesus was a semi-popular name back then; like Joshua is today.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus is the One true God and Savior!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• 1 year ago

His mommy. He was born.

1 year ago

Jesus is a fictional character.

• Nous
    1 year ago

It was the most common name for a boy at the time by far. Theologians suggest the name was chosen to fit with the profile of a common man of the people!

1 year ago

He had no biological father...

He was born from above.

Jesus came from heaven to earth - God entered into His creation (through a birth canal no less!) - to become a Son of Man, so that sons of men could have a way to become sons of God.

Jesus created a PORTAL into God's kingdom on earth. To enter, you must go through Him:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late.

1 year ago

Read the Bible. Jesus himself was a higher ranking Jewish Rabbi; just like Joseph his dad was!

Since Mary and Joseph were both from higher ranking Rabbi families; this made Jesus the same! His whole genealogy form both sides is in the Bible! Read it!

• yesmar
    1 year ago

Yes, it was a very common name. Jesus the "Christ" came from a town called Nazareth.