Was this a demon or just a psychic joker?

I came across an intriguing story of the paranormal recently that was related by a third party.

Two fairly young people were in a room and were fooling around with a tape recorder. They happened to record themselves singing a christian hymn which mentioned Jesus. They didn't notice anything unusual during the recording but, upon playing it back, part way into their singing a harsh voice could be heard over their singing. Clearly referring to Jesus, it thundered, 'HE IS WEAK BUT I AM STRONG!'

The whole family was terrified and the third party happened to observe that the voice sounded 'old' - the implication being of course that it could be a demon. They were also puzzled as to how the voice had managed to get on to the recording, given it wasn't heard at the time.

My question to psi researchers is: how can we know if this was really a demon, rather than just some psychic joker, and what do psi researchers have to say about the mechanism behind this phenomena, since I have read of similar occurrences in relation to electronic voice phenomena?

Thanks Kieth (Keith?), but it wouldn't make much sense for an entity to make an appearance at a choir. Plus, if we accept traditional religious thinking, the singing would be taking place in a sacrosanct space in which such entities will not (or cannot) tread.

The third party is someone I regard as credible, and I accept the validity of EVP, so it is from this viewpoint that I really ask the question.

1 year ago

A person can battle the devil and his demons using the rosary and fasting.

1 year ago

Demons don't exist.

• Mike
    1 year ago

Stories that are repeated by "a third party" are nonsense, they are urban myths without any evidence.

No one uses a tape recorder these days, so its an old story. I have been hearing this stuff since the 60's.

• Ray J
    1 year ago

Cool story, needs more dragons.

• Kieth
    1 year ago

Let's look at this logically, in hundreds of churches in every state, probably over 100,00 at least, choirs are singing hymns. Some of the families in these churches may sing at home, bumping the individual performances into the millions, and this "demon" makes his appearance in a recording between two teenagers. Right. But let's give him a cookie, say it happened, so, Mr. "I Am Strong" sneaks in on a tape recording, has he ever sneaked in on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Has Smiling Joel Osteen ever had his sound engineers try to filter out his voice? Any baritones fudging the words with the Vienna Boys Choir? Take it from a different perspective, in all of the ranches and barns and fields that raise cattle across America, they are shoveling great quantities of brown smelly material. If you collected it for a month into one place, it would not equal the amount generated by that one story. Merry Christmas. 🎅

• 1 year ago

COULD be demons....ick

1 year ago

Sounds like somebody pulling a prank.