Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

I am pretty sure that "Tombstone Blues" by Bob Dylan is more ffucked up, and twisted than most metal songs?

But what do you think? DEATH TO ALL THOSE WHO WOULD WHIMPER AND CRY!

Bob Dylan transcends music, and politics though. He is the human condition talking about itself, especially on the album "Highway 61 Revisited", or maybe I am just drunk, and high.

Music, and politics are an underrated combination. Who was the last band to combine music, and politics? U2? U2 are okay, but what did they ever give us really? Were they ffucking Bob Dylan? or even the ffucking Beatles? Rage against the ffucking machne? Public ffucking Enemy?. Give me some good political artists! I want some ffucking protest!

I see your post as satire now, so I will upvote it. Also, "the Clash" are one of the best protest bands, but who knows what was going on in Joe Strummer's brain by the time "Cut the Crap" came out? Radio Clash truly died.

I am just saying that the time the lyrics to "Tombstone Blues" were probably quite shocking, and I often interpret the lyrics in quite dark ways. That is the great thing about Dylan though. You can find hope, or hopelessness in his lyrics.

They all play on the penny whistle. You can hear them blow if you learn your head out far enough from Desolation Row.

• Jas B
    Favorite Answer

The lyrics fit the surreal style of the era, while being scathing of society and authority. And as Dylan himself said in 1966, “I’ve stopped composing and singing anything that has either a reason to be written or a motive to be sun. My older songs, to say the least, were about nothing, The newer ones are about the same nothing – only as seen inside a bigger thing, perhaps called Nowhere.”

Useless and pointless knowledge. All the things that the kids have to learn at school about Galileo, about Paul Revere’s horse, about folk heroes… It could be seen as a critique upon the American education system.

• PoBoy

Dylan was one of the best. But, feel free to Drop a Barbell on the anonymous Trump losers.

Anyone but Trump!

• keerok

As to how you would even classify or compare this to metal is completely unfathomable.

Why risk making anyone THINK?

MUSIC, not politics! Just like a REAL hippie!

TRUMP!