Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

Should I tell my wife not to include me in her family meetings anymore?

Why bother? They're not my family. I don't care about their business. I end up counting the minutes until their meetings are over. It's not that I hate them or anything. I'm just not that interested about their topics. Like what middle school should Suzy go to. Who's Suzy anyway?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Being married doesn't mean you sign up for that. They aren't blood so why do you need to go. Your wife will hopefully keep you up to date with her family.Tell her you aren't going anymore. If she puts up a stink then tell her you could be spending your time doing more productive things with your time or that she should expect you to be at every meeting. I don't bother with in laws because I see it like this. I married you and that only means I need to see them on holidays and the occasional family gathering like a bbq or graduation.

If you don't want to tell her at all then just make yourself "unavailable" when they are trying to get you to go to the meetings

• 1 year ago

i wouldnt go if you felt that way

• 1 year ago

Fully understand the situation, some close knit families are like that, they think that anything that is not of direct concern to their family is on no importance whatsoever. Very difficult to live with because your in the **** if you do, and in the **** if you don't. The only reasonable way in my opinion is to bring the subject up politely but firmly, making you point of view quite plain. If they have any degree of intelligence at all. they should understand, If they don't understand, then at least you have tried. You are still an individual and can please yourself.

• 1 year ago

It sounds like these are business and planning meetings rather than social gatherings. Am I correct? If so,you don't need to be involved if you don't wish it. But as for social gatherings, they are FAMILY', even if they are hers, not yours, and you are indeed obligated.

1 year ago

I get you, i don't even hang out with my own family, much less with other's family. Go there and tell her you don't give a damn about suzy or anybody

• 1 year ago

When you get married, you don't marry a single person, you marry a whole family. Sure family meetings can get boring but that's what you signed up for.

I get bored hanging out with my own family sometimes. Too much talk and not enough action (I prefer doing things to talking about them). So what do I do? I always try to initiate some sort of game or activity. You can do what you like but the point is that if you are bored don't just sit around moping about it, do something about it.

1 year ago

I would, more time to watch the TV in peace, plas you cant be blamed when things go wrong.

1 year ago

???????????????