Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 9 months ago

Is it ok to use refreshing toner on your face while on Penicillin?

I have been on Penicillin for about a week now. I noticed that the skin on my face, around my mouth and my cheeks are a little bit dry. They aren't turning into rashes and it isn't itchy, but it feels a little dry and rough. I do have a little bit of eczema in the colder weather usually on my hands though (I live in Canada, it's starting to get cold now☹) Anyway, I have Olay refreshing toner and I was wondering if it's ok to use it while I am using Penicillin for 1 more week? Or should I wait until i am done taking it?

I am not worried that I am have a reaction or anything, because I am fine otherwise and I am not breaking out... (I heard penicillin can trigger eczema as well.)

So, I tried googling it, like I usually do to find answers but I never found anything about not using face/skin creams or anything. Allergies symptoms keep popping up on google, and like I said i am not allergic. I can't find what I am looking for 🙄🙄 Ugh, *sighs*

I am a bit of a worrywart when it comes to my health and taking drugs lol also my skin is sensitive to a lot of soaps and stuff so I always have to use and avoid certain things on my skin. I really care about my skin and I hate dry skin even if it's not itchy or rashing out.

(Sorry I know I type too much)

So, it is ok to use? If so, will it help? Or should I just wait another week to deal with it? Thanks in advance!

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Of course it is, you can use anything on your skin. I am on penicillin for a chest infection and am using my normal products.

This is the person who asked the question

I can't edit or update my question for some reason:

I can't ask the doctor who prescribed them to me because it was a random doctor in the ER and not my typical family doctor...

I can't call because I am deaf....

I could go in and talk to them but I live outside the city and my car broke down last week. 🙄

(Yeah, it's definitely NOT my month... lol)

I don't feel like spending money to take an Uber to the city and back, wait hours to talk to someone, all just to ask a question.

The doctor told me to go back in IF I experience trouble breathing, fever or swelling in the face and neck - which is not the problem. However, I would go back in if my dry skin gets worse and breaks out. I noticed it a few days ago, but never thought anything of it because of the cold weather. Now I am wanting to use a cleanser on my skin to help it and wondering if it's fine to use?

Speak to the person who prescribed the penicillin. Was that an MD? If not, find an MD or walk in clinic.