What things can I do to be forgiven for exploding at my boyfriend?

I tend to stuff my feelings and wait till it is too late and then lash out. It doesn't happen but the other night I was upset with my boyfriend so I called him every dirty nasty name in the book which Is not how I actually feel, I was also drinking at the time. The next day I felt so bad, he said "you told me how you feel about me," and says it is over. What steps can I take to be forgiven for this?

• You may not been able to, WHY SHOULD HE FORGIVE YOU? You can't say Anything you want to people, and then thinking you can be forgiven. It does NOT many times work that way. The best thing you can do, is CONTROL YOUR MOUTH AND YOUR EMOTIONS BETTER, so it never happens to anyone else. You learned a hard lesson.

• 1 year ago

You can tell him that you don't really feel that way at all. But the issue might be more than he doesn't intend to be subjected to your lash out temper anymore. Your drunk lash out temper.

He has the right to make that choice. So it's not really the words, so much, perhaps as it was the action. An action he doesn't wish to see repeated. But you up and admit to us that it's what you "tend" to do! Address that with yourself.

• Bill
    1 year ago

don't drink any more and get anger management lessons

• Rick
    1 year ago

Did you tell him what you really think of him? Since a drunk mind speaks a sober mind's truth, this might have been what happened. If not, you need to tell him why you said these hurtful things to him and ask him to forgive you.

• Robert
    1 year ago

You can stop drinking, learn a bit of self control and then ask him for another chance. Short of that, I'd suggest you do the kind thing and refrain from contacting him.