How can I show my partner I love them?

It sounds like a weird question but I have never been in a healthy relationship and have been through lots of abusive ones. None of them were normal or healthy. My partner says I don't show him love enough. How can I do this?

• Hypnos
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe you need to talk to a therapist or psychologist. Talk to someone outside of your relationship who may be able to give you advice or strategies on keeping your problems of the past in the past. When I first got with my current boyfriend, it was not too long after a previous relationship with a partner who was very toxic for me. I developed pretty extreme trust issues because of it and would self-sabotage the relationship. I didn't see anyone about it all though i probably should have, but I had seen a psychologist the previous year to talk about my anxiety and she really helped me overcome a lot of the issues that came a long with that. I found a way to incorporate those strategies into dealing with the issues in my relationship and it helped me immensely. I wouldn't be in the place I am now had I not seen someone and worked out a way to understand myself and why I think the way I do in order to overcome it. I know not all people necessarily agree with psychologists and what they do, but honestly, you have to be open-minded for it to work and you have to make use of the strategies they give you for things to change.

1 year ago

Oral sex is usually pretty good.