Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality Β· 4 months ago

What is worse: A person who hates God or a person who doesn't care that God exists even if proof was found?

If you are going to give me smartass answers that this question doesn't make sense, you don't have to waste time answering it.

I will also report you if you don't answer properly :Such as 'God doesn't exist'. That is not the point of this question.

I was actually waiting for someone to have the same opinion of the "christian god" that I do. Most people here assumed that I believed in god and/ or assumed I thought that people who hated him or ignored him were bad. What they didn't know was that I didn't care whether or not that god existed, and even if he did I'd still see him as a tyrant *******.

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

I cannot hate God, as I don't believe he exists.

But as the God described in the Bible sounds like a really awful character - insecure, cruel, capricious, irrational, callous, conceited and totally insane, if someone believed that he existed, I could understand why they'd hate him.

Speaking personally, just suppose somehow they proved that this ghastly god was real, I'd still not be interested in being a Christian - worshipping him, obeying him and all that nonsense. So in a way, I wouldn't care because I'd not want anything to do with him.

Either way - neither is 'worse' - they're both pretty rational ways to think.

If you find proof for the existence of a Christian God, you can use the same proof for the existence of any other gods. If it was proved to a Christian that Allah or Brahma existed, would they change their religion? To hate something, you have to believe it exists which is why no atheists hate any of the gods and monotheists do not hate any of the gods they don't believe in.

In any case you are voicing a subjective opinion. You are presuming it is bad to hate or ignore gods without providing any evidence to show that such attitudes are, in fact, bad.

Worse for whom. Themselves or you?

you are asking us to choose between two people, and take a personal stance on "worse" based on their personal beliefs.

So we have a person who hates god even though they have no proof that a god exists and a person who having been shown proof of the existence of god still doesn't care!

The worse for me would be the person who manages to hate a god that may not even exist, to me that position sounds mentally unhinged! For the person who has proof of a god but care not may have seen proof of a god that doesn't require that people care!

My answer is based on the question and the limited environment in which it is set. My answer may change if the basic question remained but the environment in which it was set changed!

• .

The former.

It's worse to hate than to be apathetic about science.

• cosmo

It is hard to imagine someone who wouldn't care about proof of the existence of God. Such a proof would change the nature of the Universe.

Most humans shouldn't be alive to be fair.

THE ONE HATING GOD CUZ WITH A CLOSED HEART THEY HAVE NO CHANCE OF FINDING HIM...HOW SAD....PROOF IS THE UNIVERSE AND MILLIONS OF BORN AGAINS!!!!!!

• A.J.

Start with the proof so sense can be made of the question, and logical fallacies are not proof.

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/15-logical-fal...

A person who hates God is a theist.

• Personally, I think that someone who wouldn't care if evidence was found of God is worse.