Jesus says the spirit of God will guide you into all truth - what would the result be?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit as our guide and comforter who He said would teach us all things and bring everything to our remembrance that we need to remember. The Holy Spirit will tell us what to say and what to do in very dangerous times as well as when we are at peace. That is why we can say "He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world." The Holy Spirit doesn't leave us ignorant of the future. He explains Scripture so we can understand. I rejoice in knowing that the good work the Holy Spirit begins in me, He is more than able to finish so I will be ready to meet the Lord Jesus Christ. Hallelujah and Amen.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

He didn't say the Spirit would guide "you" or "me" into all truth. He said that to the ordained leaders He had appointed over the one Church He founded. Which is why that one Church remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years. It is also why those who have defected from His Church, having no such divine guarantee of truth, have fragmented into thousands of conflicting manmade denominations in just a few hundred years.

• 4 months ago

If we want to be guided by the truth, we will not try to interpret the Bible, but we will allow the Bible to interpret itself. How can we do this? We can cross-reference scriptures that talk on the same subject. For instance: Genesis 2:7: And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living 'soul'. Then go to Ezekiel 18:4: "The ''soul' that is sinning--it itself will die." Then 1Corinthians 15:45: It is even so written: "The first man Adam became a living 'soul.' Then go to 1 Peter 3:20: the patience of God was waiting in Noah's days, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight 'souls' were carried safely through the water. All these scriptures verify that people are souls, they sin and they die. If we are souls, why are people taught that they "have souls?" Souls, being of flesh and blood and being sinners, certainly would not be allowed in heaven. What really happens at death, according to the Scriptures? Again we can cross-reference to find out. Genesis 3:19: For 'dust' you are and to 'dust' you will return. Then Job 34:15: "All flesh will expire together, And earthling man himself will return to the very 'dust.' Then Psalms 146:4: His spirit goes out, he goes 'back to his ground'; In that day his thoughts do perish. Then Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 and 9:5-10. The hope we have, above the animals, is in Jesus Christ and the hope of being awakened from the sleep of death. Yes, The Bible likens death to sleeping. Psalms 13:3; Jeremiah 51:39; Matthew 9:24; John 11:11-14. Yes, we are told the absolute truth if we allow the Bible to interpret itself and not listen to false teachings and opinions and beliefs of others. I invite you to learn what the Bible teaches on other subjects from the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you so much for this question.

• 4 months ago

The truth is that Christianity is brainwash...because Jesus is not GOD, and he never died on the cross.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Jesus said also: "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8:32.

Bible truth liberates us from superstition, confusion, and false religion.

It gives us hope, purpose and joy.

Source(s): Bible
  • 4 months ago

The truth will set you free.

• David
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Freedom!!! JESUS BLESS YOU

• MARTIN
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

the result would be "all lies".

• 4 months ago

The "result" started in Acts 2. How could anyone miss that?

• Jesus also said that you could literally move mountains if you had enough faith.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.