I wired my injectors backwards on my mom's car now she shifted into reverse to go forward? She said.?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

It's a good thing you didn't put them in upside down. All the paint would be scraped off of her roof.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

What are you, like 12 ? That's the extent of your creativity and imagination ?

• 2 months ago

Never happened!

• don r
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That makes no sense and is impossible. The engine will not run backwards, since the valves and ignition timing haven't changed. Take this story back to creative writing. You get an "F".

• P & W2 months agoReport

Requires a backwards camshaft to run backwards. No
      amount of over advancing or retard will work, alone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Funny--my dad hit the gas in R when he thought he was in Park. He was 89, but He Manned-Up, admitted it. Didn't blame it on our family mechanic we'd known 40 years,

Ran the Olds into neighbor's living room on Christmas Day.Lost his license over it. He'd been driving since he could reach the Model "T" 's pedals, at 8.

Source(s): This was 1922--he taught me how to scrape "T" bearings, start, and drive one; tickle the coils ,etc.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Was this on Friday the 13th? Your mother has a very active imagination. Mine thought plugging a vacuum cleaner in backwards: "made it blow"--so you could use it to start a fireplace?. Like those who insist your fuel pump "burns up" if low on gas. Or," sludge goes to bottom, so don't let it get low."

ID care how many thumbs-down. Those who so much as changed a spark plug know this is just hype from bad mechanics who lie to get extra service charges.

• M.
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Where DOES sludge go???

• 2 months ago

Fuel injectors have nothing to do with the transmission. If the tranny doesn't go into the proper gear the range switch needs to be inspected.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Maser Tech
  • 2 months ago

On a scale of 1 to 100, your believably score is Negative.

If there even is such a thing as wiring the fuel injectors backwards, and I don't think there is, the ONLY effect would be that they don't activate and the engine doesn't run at all.

The transmission is 100% independent from the fuel injectors, and even an engineer would have to reprogram the control module to get the result you claim.

• Dan
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

He is however correct in that they don't care at all which terminal is positive or negative, they will operate just fine with reversed polarity.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think your brain is wired up the wrong way.

Btw, do you know that last night I serviced your slightly overweight Mother, and she was very partial to dry rear door action?

• bo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

your funny. can't happen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.