When filling your vehicles fuel tank, do you stop at even number or when pump clicks off?

A friend and I have a beer bet on answer--thanks

• marty
    Favorite Answer

I just go until it stops. Never worry about the amount since I always use a card at the pump.

put gas in to it stops

I usually push it up to a number that I want

• zipper

You do what is right for you, not what I do is none of your business!

I stop when the tank is full.

I fill up at Costco, and it's not real close to my house so I put in as much gas as possible. Where I live, gas is a buck a gallon cheaper than in California.

• arther

I just put $100 at a time in it never gets past 3/4 of a tank so I don't have that worry Id need closer to $200 fill both tanks then Id stop when it clicked off cursing and swearing about the cost of fuel. when I brought the car 15 years a go it cost half this much to fill the bloody thing up.

I just put $20 worth of gas in the tank when I get gas. Filling the tank all the way tends to flood the charcoal canister and cause a good $600 in repairs.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

I stop when the pump shuts off.

I haven't done that since they installed card readers instead of requiring you to pay inside.

Note: The claim that it damages the EVAP canister is VASTLY overstated.

I stop when the pump clicks off. You could ruin your vehicles vapor canister by topping up.

Source(s): nothing