When filling your vehicles fuel tank, do you stop at even number or when pump clicks off?

Update:

A friend and I have a beer bet on answer--thanks

34 Answers

Relevance
  • marty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

I just go until it stops. Never worry about the amount since I always use a card at the pump.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

put gas in to it stops

• 2 months ago

I usually push it up to a number that I want

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You do what is right for you, not what I do is none of your business!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I stop when the tank is full.

• 2 months ago

Depends on where i am Going a Long trip i fill until i see petrol in the Tube

driving locally stop on the First click

My Car My choice never had a carbon canister Fail in over 60 years or whenever they started

• 2 months ago

I fill up at Costco, and it's not real close to my house so I put in as much gas as possible. Where I live, gas is a buck a gallon cheaper than in California.

• arther
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I just put $100 at a time in it never gets past 3/4 of a tank so I don't have that worry Id need closer to $200 fill both tanks then Id stop when it clicked off cursing and swearing about the cost of fuel. when I brought the car 15 years a go it cost half this much to fill the bloody thing up.

• 2 months ago

I just put $20 worth of gas in the tank when I get gas. Filling the tank all the way tends to flood the charcoal canister and cause a good $600 in repairs.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • KY-Clay
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Wow!! So very wrong and absolute ridicoulas answer. No way will it flood the charcoal canister. And you claim to be a Master Tech.

• 2 months ago

I stop when the pump shuts off.

• 2 months ago

I haven't done that since they installed card readers instead of requiring you to pay inside.

Note: The claim that it damages the EVAP canister is VASTLY overstated.

• Anon2 months agoReport

No. bax and others have diagnosed hard starts and check engine lites to saturated carbon canisters. Warming in an oven fixes them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.