Is there a secret to how to make your car last a long time?

I drive a 2017 Rogue and it only has 38000 KM on it so far no problem at all. Yes it has an AWD CVT, but we have 100 000KM/5 year warranty on that. Now I see older cars like my friend has a 2006 Accord with 450,000 KM on it and he says all the parts are original such as the alternator, spark plug etc... only... show more I drive a 2017 Rogue and it only has 38000 KM on it so far no problem at all. Yes it has an AWD CVT, but we have 100 000KM/5 year warranty on that.

Now I see older cars like my friend has a 2006 Accord with 450,000 KM on it and he says all the parts are original such as the alternator, spark plug etc... only thing changed was the wheels, tires, battery but the timing belt and all that mechanical stuff is the same.

He tells me all I do is oil changes and I drive the speed limit and avoid pot holes. He says he tries not to drive it too rough or accelerate way too hard.