Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 9 months ago

Regret buying a used car ?

I bought a Chrysler 200 2014 for 2900 with 110000 miles , but I found out that it links power steering fluid and a little oil . It needs a wheel alignment and now I feel like I have more cost repairs than the actual car itself , can I return the vehicle after I purchased it ?

What do we look like, the place you bought the car from?. Here's some smart advice coming from a man who knows a little about mechanics , Never buy a Chrysler product: Jeep, Dodge, . trust me.. just trust me .

• Edna

You can't return it. You bought a used car. Used cars are sold "as is", with no guarantee. You bought it, and now you're stuck with it.

I'm floored. You picked a Chrysler 200? Why? They are rubbish cars. Let me guess: The price was right and it appeared to be in good condition cosmetically. Well, there is a reason the price was so low, and you're experiencing it now. Fix those issues and more are likely to pop up.Even a little research on these cars would've told you that these were rated the worst new sedans to buy for years. If they were awful when new, I can't imagine how horrible they are when used. Well, chalk this one up as lesson learned. You would've likely done better with a Honda or Toyota twice the age and with more miles. Regardless, this could've been avoided had you had a mechanic inspect it. Sorry for sounding rude, but I have a neighbor who bought one of these (hers is a 2015 and she paid $7K for hers) with 94K miles on it, and she's experiencing issues with hers too. Like I told her, I would expect nothing less from a Chrysler product.

The short answer is NO. Since you obviously lack the skills you should have hired an independent shop to go through it and do a thorough pre-buy inspection before you agreed to buy It. FAIL. The law of the land with used cars is ''buyer beware''. Sorry. Unless your sales agreement contains an explicit return policy within a certain period of time you're up a creek without a paddle

Nope. No Returnsies policy. $2900 for a 5 year old car? Have you checked the newspaper classified or dealership lots for an identical car or very close to the same year and compared the PRICE.? In your area car costs are different than my area, so you go by your area for the price?

I did a quick check and the asking price is $13,000.00 as is. Meaning it also may have problems.

Checked Auto Trader. Just the one. it is enough.

Boy, I want to be your mechanic if I can get $10,000.00 out of you for basically a 2 hour job.(or shorter)

Parts are a gasket and seals, maybe $25 combined.

The wheel alignment I go to a shop that specializes in alignments...maybe$100.

What am I to do with $9,750.00 in wages?

. You are making life very difficult for a mechanic. My wages would be about $50 because it took about an hour for the gasket change

. maybe $75 for the wheel alignment.

All this extra cash TO BURN. If your mechanic is charging you that, change mechanics. All of them will be cheaper.

I am not exaggerating, I am giving the numbers. A used car is used so there will be some issues. Most often than not TRIVIAL. Not worth noticing...unless you are really anal about them.

The car is cheap for another reason. Let a mechanic look it over and tell you what the issue is(if there is one and how much to fix) if there is anything to fix.

Probably not especially if you sign one of those pieces of paper that says as is

You ALREADY recovered the cost of ALL the repairs you mention by ONLY paying HALF the market price from a private seller.

No, you can't cancel the sale without proof they FLAT OUT LIED about the vehicle's condition.

• Scott

No. There is no right to return a car. Buying a Chrysler 200 was your first mistake. Your second mistake was not having it inspected before you bought it. Get your car fixed, with 110,000 miles, it's bound to need some work.

Hind sight is perfect. But you bought a car with 110,000 miles on it. Expect to have continuing problems. No, you cannot return it.

It's always a gamble buying a used car...No you can't return it.