Why my cat likes to spend time outside?

I have a two year old neutered cat. I have a very big yard and my cat likes to hunt, run and spend time sitting outside. He mostly stays in our yard. I would have loved that he does not go outside but I find that he becomes stressed when I force him to stay inside. He does not go out for long, maybe 2 to 3 hours... show more I have a two year old neutered cat. I have a very big yard and my cat likes to hunt, run and spend time sitting outside. He mostly stays in our yard. I would have loved that he does not go outside but I find that he becomes stressed when I force him to stay inside. He does not go out for long, maybe 2 to 3 hours but still I would have preferred that he stays inside. My sister's cat is the opposite. He is a scared cat which refuses to go outside. My problem is that since I read the internet on how bad it is to let cat go outside, I have no peace of mind at all when he goes out. I wish to add that in the country I live, apart from dogs and humans, we do not have predators like foxes, coyottes, snakes, owls. I live quite far from the street. I would like to hear experiences of people who allow their cats outside.
13 answers 13