Does anybody else find the bright purple spot beside each user's name in the new answers format to be highly distracting and visually ugly?

Hmm, it seems to be only for users of level 5 or higher (and only in the new format - I'm still figuring it out).  I guess it is some kind of "badge" but it is really ugly and distracting.  I for one find it a really bad design decision, both from a content point of view but mostly it is just visually UGLY (and demands your attention when it would be more appropriate to be able to choose what you look at).

I tried to upload a screenshot but it wouldn't let me (I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it isn't possible on this new redesign).

Favorite Answer

I saw the new format about 5 hours ago.

At first glance.......yes, it just struck me as ugly.........

but I tried to use it.........and found it didn't even work at all. I couldn't ask or answer. I didn't see the comment section........and there were THREE options under the answers......thumbs UP, thumbs Down and a new counter, that appeared first.......but no mention of what the hell it was for.

Thumbs sideways? what?

anywho..........it looks like it exploded on the launch pad...........and things are back to normal.....for now.

No. Is your mobile device in desktop MODE? 

That's where the account level us displayed. 

• .

The changes haven't been rolled out for everyone.

FYI, the site is for knowledge seeking questions. Asking people to praise or criticize changes is chat, which is a violation. Asking the purpose of the "spot" you're referring to, would be valid (although chances are few, if anyone, knows yet).

That is the least of the new changes that are glaring or ugly. The whole white field is glaring and jarring

I don't see that .

Nothing has changed on my end.

* I'm a level 7

I don't see that.