Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Is it safe to give cats milk?

I wanted to give my cat some milk today, but my sister told me that it wasn't good for her and could end up giving her worms. Is this true?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It is a bad idea. It may cause diarrhea and/or vomiting.

• 2 months ago

Better note sticknto water is fine

• 2 months ago

I think evaporated can milk is allright

• 2 months ago

Not really they can be lactose intolerant. You could give them cats milk or just water

• Pinky2 months agoReport

True. Cats do not tolerate cows milk. Best for cats is only one. That's of course cats milk normally brough from supermarkets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

yes . why not cat likes pure cow milk. it is delicious liquid for them. you can give them milk everyday.

• Alucard
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Cow milk has not been pasteurized it has not been cooked boiled Etc the milk coming out of your refrigerator has been treated and or Modified by man it is no longer pure. Milk is bad for cats. Even a vet will tell you do not give a cat milk

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I give my cats soy milk.

• 2 months ago

Not worms, but cats, especially young ones, can't digest cow's milk and will get sick in some cases.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No, most cats are lactose intolerant which is why they should only be given water. It shouldn't give them worms, just a very upset stomach and if more serious they may need a vet. There is some specially formulated milk for cats but it isn't needed and is a waste of money

• 2 months ago

How would it give them worms? What it most likely will give them is diarrhea since most cats are allergic to the lactose in cow's milk. Just give them a quality kibble that's grain free and canned food not things you "want" to give them.

• 2 months ago

Worms don't magically appear out of thin air, but it will give the cat the runs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.