What are some high-paying jobs for artists?

Serious answers please. I really love doing art and I do want to pursue in art. But most art jobs aren't that high paying, but which ones are for artistic and creative people?

fristly use a talent, and make a strong portfolio, then sell all art in online digital work like part time job, have a lost of market digital help you to do that 

Source(s): Keywork: shutterstock, envato,Fiverr, 123RF, ...

There's a reason most artists believe in the advice of "Follow your dreams, but don't give up your day job". I've know a few artists in my decades, and most have to work jobs outside of the arts to pay the bills.

• Nikki

get a college degree in "graphic arts". there are million of printers, publishers, magazines, and news journals or newspapers  who use graphic-arts all of the time.

plus, you need to be able to use the computer for those graphic arts.

Have you ever heard the tern "starving artists"?? There's a reason for that. Friend of mine took art in college. Today he works for the state government & paints in his spare time. He's pretty good. I have some of his painting on my walls. But he was never able to make a living with his art.

• Ash2 months agoReport

Yet another Millennial who expects to graduate college and walk into a job paying $150,000 a year.

There really aren't any. You should not expect to get out of college or arts school after majoring in any kind of art and get a high paying job. That's pie in the sky. Sorry. That's just the way it is - whether it's right or wrong. Someone who goes to a trade school for 2 years and learns how to fix appliances will outearn an art school grad and at the same time have a fraction of the educational debt. My new neighbor is not yet 30 and just bought a $350,000 house. He has an HVAC company. He has a new, big, shiny pickup, a boat and a classic car too - plus two kids.

Fast food, in comparison to what most artists make from their art, is good pay.

• Mark

Commission work can be high paying, but that means you already have to have established yourself as an artist.