Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 2 months ago

I suck at all sports?

No matter what I try, I suck. I tried netball, and later quit because I felt judged by everyone and I sucked. I tried dance for two years, and I always got given nasty looks by the teacher, and got shoved behind everyone, on a row of my own because I was that bad. I tried swimming for 3 years and I still can't learn to, no matter how hard I try. I'm doing hockey at the moment, but i suck at that too. I've tried artsy clubs, going to math tutors for an extra challenge, and almost everything. Everyone is supposed to have a talent, but why don't I? And can anyone recommend me some good sports (as i still have a burning desire to advance in them) that aren't too difficult? thank you

• Cogito
    Best Answer

I know what you mean! I was really awful at all sports at school and was always the last to be chosen for every team - it was humiliating and miserable.

That changed when my head teacher hired a fencing instructor, and I found that I was actually quite good at it! I really enjoyed my two years of fencing, doing foil and sabre.

More recently I took up archery, and again, I'm not bad at that. It takes a while to learn it all, but if you join a good club and get a good, patient instructor, it's great fun. The only down side is that the equipment is quite expensive, but most clubs will lend you everything you need until you've decided if you want to continue with it.

Give those a try?

Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm not great at sports either.

you don't seem to be too good at team sports, try something which you do on your own, like archery as cogito suggested, or

skateboarding, horse riding, golfing

Try Chess or Backgammon.

I hated football.. found I was better at baseball. Hand eye coordination and such.