7 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

i dont think so since theyre from mexico

• 2 months ago

Of course not! That is their legal identity written in their passports. Maybe we should clarify what racism is:

"Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity. Modern variants of racism are often based on social perceptions of biological differences between peoples."

Having this clarified using the identity of the Mexican is not racism.....

• 2 months ago

Only if they're also jewish.

• 2 months ago

It's racist to call all Mexicans illegals. This because not all Mexicans are illegals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"Mexican" is not a race. It's a nationality. Mexicans can belong to any of the three traditional races or be mixed. It is therefore no more "racist" to call someone Mexican than it is to call someone American.

That is, depending on how you mean it. If you are using the word to mean "people of a certain ethnicity whom I consider inferior to me," then you are using it in a bigoted manner. You may not be a racist, technically speaking, but you are a bigot.

• 2 months ago

Racism is about motive not the words you use.  One can twist words to mean just about anything but it is one's motive that counts.

• 2 months ago

i dont think so since thats what they are

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.