Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 2 months ago

On average, how much would it cost to drive 1080 miles?

I don't know anything about cars, literally nothing, but does anyone know how much in petrol it would cost to drive a Ford focus 1080 miles?

I believe the government says 38 cents per mile (fuel & maintenance).

• F

Vague question. What model of Ford Focus? They go from 1.0 litre to the 2.3 RS model petrol models and 1.5 or 2 litre diesels in various tune.

What roads? All motorway or twisty hilly back roads?

You might get 60mpg from a 1.5 diesel on a motorway or less than 20 thrashing an RS long B roads.

Depends on where in the world you live. In the UK my 1000 mile cost would be around £150 ($185) for fuel alone, that's not taking into consideration other costs such as tires insurance and general maintained,

• Jay P

That depends on several factors including the cost of the fuel and the average fuel efficiency of the vehicle during that 1K+ mile trip. How fuel efficient it will be depends on what type of shape it's in and how the driver(s) operate it.

It depends on where you are driving, if you use the gas buddie app you may find gas for less but may need to drive a mile or two off the interstate to get good prices. They obviously taught you how to do the math in school, it's not rocket science. If your car gets 35 MPG and fuel is $2.50 per gallon, you can go 35 miles for $2.50, do your own math.

I have a Sams Club card and it has been worth it to me to plan for gas there if possible over paying the interstate exit price. If I know I can make it to a Sams Club on $10 of gas, that's all I will purchase at the Interstate station and then I will fill up at the Sams Club. It's strategy, you need to strategically locate the best price on your route or be at the will of the interstate gas stations that often charge 10 cents or more over the local average price for the convenience of being right on the interstate exits.

I would average your car at 35 MPG, that would be approximately 31 gallons of fuel. 31 x $2.50 = $77.50

There are often some Toll roads involved, make sure you are aware of that as the Tolls can add up fast.

• Ron

Thirty gallons of fuel, your lower back and your sanity from driving that far in a focus

$1. per K. its not just petrol that costs

Britain is not that big. So why are you asking?

The fuel mileage calculator I used gave me anywhere from $100 dollars to 40 dollars. How is mileage measured in your country? Litres per mile, miles per gallon, or liters per kilometer?

Source(s): nothing
  • .

The Ford Focus gets about 38 mpg on the highway, so that would entail the purchase of 28 and 1/2 gallons of gasoline (assuming 100 percent highway mileage).

• Bort

For a 2018 focus that's what's advertised, not accurate knowledge but a good guess. They didn't include what year the Focus is. It could be a Y2k with 200k miles on it that runs like crap therefore it only gets 15 miles city and 25 highway.

According to the IRS, $626.40.