What is your opinion of classical music ?

Favorite Answer

Personally I can't stand it....I hate it so much that I keep a set of earplugs close to me every time I turn on the radio.How people can even call it music is beyond me !!!

• Gregg

I like some classical music.  They sound better than the high-notes, screaming your lungs out and loud rhythmic sound in today's pop music.   

• .

Enjoyable .

• Zapata

I dont dislike it, some of it is coo when i hear it. But I don't know anything much about it, so it doesn't really interest me much.

Even though I don't listen to classical music very often, I have to admit that without classical music, the jazz, blues, and rock heroes of the 20th century would not have half the musicians they were. (BTW, that means the same for 21st century artists, too.)

Example: Jimmy Page insisted on taking classical guitar lessons early in life in order to become a more capable songwriter and guitarist. Although the classical element doesn't seem obvious in every Zeppelin song, it's guaranteed that stairway to heaven would not exist without it.

I'm summary, I guess this means my opinion for classical music is held wayyyy higher than the frequency I listen to it.

From an academic standpoint, Rock, Blues, R&B and such can be recognized as the royal family, where Jazz is the king, and Classical is God.

It must not be that high cause I rarely listen to it, and when I do, it's only the pieces I like most, which aren't many.  My opinion of great composers and major symphony musicians is still high though. You can't learn that stuff overnight. 

I like it, most of it

I like a lot of it.  My parents played it at home when I was growing up.  

• polly

Although l don't own or listen to a single piece of classical music,I respect it as a genre for the inspiration & direction that many modern day artists have garnered from it

Ugh! I hate it. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.