Soul asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 year ago

Could a sea jelly make a good pet?

Can they be trained not to sting? Is it legal to keep them?

• 1 year ago

I don't know, really. Jellyfish lack brains, so you could not train it, or domesticate it. Not all extremely poisonous ones are huge either, take the box jelly, for instance. That is tiny, and its sting is beyond agony, and can kill quickly if not taken care of.

• Ocimom
    1 year ago

Jellyfish WiLL sting, they can't be trained to do anything or not to sting. They don't make good pets at all.

• 1 year ago

Can you keep them,,sure,, can you tame, train, or domesticate them, nope, not at all.

Sea marine life keeping secret, if you don't know all that is needed in their environment and prepared, your marine animal will probably die very quickly.

Some jellies rather tiny, some larger than a school bus.

I hear they can live a long time in nature though.

My ignorant self thought a rescued octopus would be a great pet. Nearly killed the poor thing before learning all they needed. Hours on the phone to marine biologist and a couple thousand dollars plus later, she was a terrific pet, lived her full 5 year lifespan, the most entertaining and fascinating of all my weird animals.

• 1 year ago

It might, i would ask a vet

• 1 year ago

You can keep them in your home, but they require a lot of care since they need a very well balanced ecosystem to live in. With that said, they lack any level of intelligence, so no, they cannot be trained.

1 year ago

The poisonous jellyfish are huge. You'd need an enormous tanker and a whole lot of sea water. It'd be extremely expensive.

• Mandy
    1 year ago

There is no such thing called a sea jelly.