Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 8 months ago

Why do Google posts say colourful stool can be dangerous if it's yellow yet my doctor says yellow stool could be normal?

I have read some posts that yellow stool can be a sign of something serious on the internet yet my doctor says a yellow stool can be normal.

Update:

He also said it could be from food I ate.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • e9601:
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Never heard that a yellow stool is normal.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Perhaps you don't understand that 'can/could' don't mean the same as 'must'.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

And of course you believe EVERYTHING that you read on Google on the internet. Google knows more than your doctor -- right?

• 8 months ago

probably cause yellow aint colorful

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

foods and medications can change the color/consistency of stool. It is best to err on the side of caution should there be a possible issue. White stool can suggest a gull bladder issue(little to no bile). Then again.... Always best to talk to a doctor about any concerns. Self diagnosis or Y.A.! diagnosis can be dangerous.

• 8 months ago

It all depends on the cause.  If its from food, its normal. If its cased by lack of bile pigments, its a symptom of a medical problem.  In the US, the vast majority of cases of yellow stool are from gallbladder problems.  Yellow from food is a rare exception.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.