Ford Mustang 2000 cranks but doesn’t turn on?

Everything was perfect . Car would crank b run but I replaced the whole dashboard to a new one but now that I put it all together , can doesn’t start. It cranks but nothing. I have everything connected I even bought a new battery but nothing. What could it be or can you name the wires that have to do with that issue maybe it’s not plugged right

See if you accidentally hit your gas shut off switch, in case of collision. If not that check your alarms system connection underneath dash, should have a wire looped into the contacts, if not it want start. 

Does it have gas?

You're not getting spark. There's only two things that it could be (spark or fuel). Since you're cranking it, you must have put fuel in it.

• zipper

Sound like the coil or distributor are disconnected, you may of broken the wire in side start by checking if you have spark, if you do check the fuel pump wire. If you broke a wire inside the insulator they are hard to fine, also you may not of pushed the connection all the way on. Did you change the fuse block, you could of put a fuse in the wrong spot. HAVE FUN!

Did you replace the dashboard or are you talking about the instrument cluster with all the gauges?

If you're talking about the instrument cluster put the original one back in and see if the motor runs.

If the motor runs you put the wrong instrument cluster in.You can always call Ford to find out if the clusters need to be programmed to the vehicle.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

It's either a bad or missing connection to the ignition switch. ...OR a blown fuse to the ignition system or fuel pump..

There's an old adage that says ''if it an't broke don't fix it''

EPIC FAIL.

Time to go back over every detail of the installation. If you used a dash from a different production batch with slightly different wiring, you;re screwed.

i would have a mechanic check it out

But I'm afares off and he has been happy for you were a