If God doesn't care what race you date why do mixed race couples have a double chance of divorce than single race couples? Curious?

My parents have been married for 35 years and some loser says my parents are not married. Also I don't have a single friend who is divorced.

I heard this from a second hand source and this is for information gathering purposes - not to be preachy. I've liked a lot of guys outside my race before.

• Tropos
    Favorite Answer

To answer that question, it’s best to look first at the factors that affect the success of same-race marriages. It’s generally believed that compatibility and good communication skills are the keys to a happy marriage. However, research findings simply don’t bear out these intuitions. Many marriages fail despite high compatibility and skillful communication. Meanwhile, plenty of others thrive regardless of personal differences and a lack of social skills.

What’s most important in determining whether a marriage will succeed or fail is the amount of long-term stress the couple experiences. This stress can come from outside the marriage, for example from financial problems or work-related issues. It can also arise within the marriage, for instance from difficulties in child-rearing or health issues—whether physical or psychological. Lack of support for the marriage from society in general or from extended family in particular can also tip the scale towards dysfunction and divorce.

Generally speaking, race by itself doesn’t seem to have an influence on whether a marriage will fail or flourish. Thus, if we compare mixed-race and same-race couples who enjoy the same quality of life, we find no difference in divorce rates. In this sense, there’s no evidence for the received wisdom that biracial marriages are more likely to fail.

• Jake

A person can battle racism, divorce and other sins using the rosary and fasting.

• Theo

I'd have to take a look at the data and verify you are correct with your statement/question thing.

You are misinterpreting causation vs. correlation. It is not the mixing of race that is increasing the chance of the divorce.

• mokrie

Cultural differences get in the way.

Your god only cares about who jews marry. THOSE are his people.

Not the whinging, potato-shaped, inbred 'muricans constantly praying for his attention

So you're trying to persuade us

that God DOES care about "mixed-race" couples

and because he cares

that ***God*** causes them to divorce more often than others?

Yeah...I don't think so.

Can you cite the source which you think shows that "mixed race" couples have this higher divorce rate? In point of fact, I ve seen no evidence that any such differential exists. Moreover, your claim regarding "mixed race" is plainly false. The social construct you call race is meaningless.

If you re going to simply make up lies, at least be smart enough to find some sources which halfway support your lies, won t you? This is just lazy trolling.

• Nunya

What does God have to do with divorces? I believe you but why did you form a question like this?

It's social and cultural, not religious.