Zariah asked in PetsFish · 1 year ago

Why are my guppies sitting in one place? ?

So, I got 3 guppies to breed with. 1 male, 2 females. They are in a fully filtered and heated 10 gallon with hiding spots, plants, ect. I only got them yesterday, but they all went near the back left corner, and they just sit there. Occasionally they'll go over to the other side, then go back, and they eat when it's feeding time, but other than that, they just sit. I had the water temp at 74f, and thought it might be too cold for them, so I put it up to 77f, and nothing happened. In my 30 gallon my males are super active, and I have that at about 78f. The 3 new ones are all very young, except for one of the females. The other two look about a month old. Anyone know why they're just sitting?

Well, It's been a few days. They still just sit, waiting. Also the adult female sadly passed away, but I'm planning on getting a replacement today.

• 1 year ago

Usually new fish take a day or so to become comfortable and start moving around more.

They’re eating and that’s the first step.

• 1 year ago

Guppies are world renown for their meditation prowess.