Why are bethel, hillsong, televangelists, and other churches whose members have demonic epileptic seizures considered “divinely inspired”?

I think they’re faking and look like stupid fools, and DESERVE to be MOCKED 

Favorite Answer

I don't think they are faking. I think they are conditioned psychologically by the music and other factors into being in a receptive trance-like state. From here you tell them a different story about themselves and their brain releases endorphins including Dopamine and Seratonin as well as adrenaline which these chemicals are great at causing euphoria and blocking pain receptors for a while. A little suggestion and boom these people can be "slain in the spirit" as they call it. The fact of the matter is secular people can perform these tricks without any belief in any deity and it still works. It is in the mind, not out in the universe or some extra-dimensional spiritual world that this stuff occurs.

• Chazaq Yahshua

Yes, spirits can mess with people. Unless you are on drugs, you are not going to respond that way to the music. I listen to gospel music and CCM all the time. Listen to their music and see if you feel "slain in the spirit."

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• Fred6 months agoReport

Reported for spam chump....you say the same damn paragraph EVERY TIME

We need more discernment today than ever.

I avoid it.

Now Chuck Missler is different.

The only thing I find more absurd than the antics of Pentecostals is the idea that invisible agents, such as a demonic or holy spirit, exist and influence them to twitch and babble in the aisles.

Well since they DESERVE it I guess they are blessed to have you there to do it!

• Fred6 months agoReport

Damn straight

People make assumptions that all supernatural experiences are from God... not realizing that the Bible warns to us to be on guard... because even devils (fallen angels) can come off as ministers of light. We are not told to automatically put our trust in angels, but to test the spirits, in order to ensure and make certain that they are from God. I will tell you that most of the time these experiences are not from holy angels.

• The Book of David

You know, I would like to trust your word, but you have the same blue avatar that demonically inspired users wear when they try to mislead us. Test concluded.

I've never been able to tell the difference between a demonic possession and a holy spirit possession either. 

Source(s): They even both respond to, "The power of the lord compels you!"