we got a repo! from 2014 i know we cant get a loan! but can we buy the car?

this a question for my mom she asking she have a repo for a 2014 kia soul that they have to repo but she is wondering can she buy a car from a dealer cash without a car loan will the car dealer let her buy it

i told her yes cause the car dealer wants the money why would they turn u down

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Sure she can pay cash. She just can't get another loan because of her bad history on the previous one.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

No car salesman is going to turn down a straight cash sale paid in full.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Exactly. She can walk in there with cash, and of course they will sell her the car. The problem is that most people don't have that kind of cash, especially people who had to finance, and then had the car repossessed.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes - HOWEVER if the car has an outstanding loan against it (in the UK) the lender owns the car - I expect there might be similar legal considerations to be sure about before parting with any cash to buy a repo car that is still owned by the money lender.

Depends who is selling it to you and if they legally own it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

With cash you can buy anything. Find another vehicle.

• 1 year ago

You can buy ANYTHING with cash.

Uh, just curious. If she has enough cash to buy a car, why did she have a repo???????????????

In other words, who has enough cash to buy a car outright, but can't keep up payments on a car loan? Doesn't make sense.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You can always pay cash. If you have cash. Most people that have repos do not have cash.

And if she gets SS or something they have a limit as to how much equity they can have, I think?

$3000 range maybe?

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Even if your mother had a car repossessed in the past, there's nothing that says she can't buy a car today for CASH.

• 1 year ago

definitely she can buy if she can pay. Repo just means that getting a loan will be harder, so she has to pay cash.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.