How can we convince Yahoo to get rid of the blocking and anonymous features? (this site would be so much better off without them)?

• .
    Favorite Answer

They are aware that some users aren't fond of those features, but you can go to the feedback forum https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240 and comment on a suggestion already made about those issues or post a new one of your own, if your feedback isn't already address. There are currently list items titled "Eliminate the block option. I understand the frustration of dealing with stalkers and trolls, remove those accounts." and another titled "Update the block feature ..." that address the block issue. Nothing near the top of the list about removing the Anon feature.

Posting suggestions here gets user feedback but doesn't get to the people who can actually take action (that's what the feedback forum is for).

• megalomaniac

Yeah, I suppose I'm just venting.  I don't like the feedback forum so I avoid it.  I don't see that as being useful either.  The conclusion that I've come to is that Yahoo (or whoever) just does whatever they want and only pretend to care about the users.

No. Anon is often useful if being trolled. Blocking,well, Why  suffer thru a know troll's BS?  Life is too short. 

The day they get of those is the day I leave.

• Zirp

Vote on the relevant suggestions in the suggestion-board.

It's how we got rid of the recaptcha and the ability of level-7's to move other people's questions

If I knew who the right person was to speak to, and if it was a female...

They would just take one look at my face and will feel intimitated by gorgeous looks.

So yeah, convincing them wouldn't be all that difficult for me.

maybe you can try contacting them and suggesting it to them

• Daniel

I agree with the Anonymous Feature but the Blocking I don't Agree with if someone is Harassing you or Bullying you you should have the Right to Block them

• LAN

Do what the whiners did and fill out a petition and you and your friends create dozens of accounts to get them to change. So far though not one change made by Yahoo encourages personal responsibility.