Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 10 months ago

Which job would you take?

Each job is guaranteed 40 hours a week.

My vehicle has 190,000 miles.

And a 1 hour commute to and from work for 6 days is exactly $60.00/week in gas for my car.Job #1 is 16.55 an hour with a 1 hour commute to and from. It also requires my personal vehicle to travel the district. Job #2 is 15.42 an hour and is also a 1 hour commute to and from. But I stay in one place.Job #3 is 12.00 an hour with a 20 minute commute to and from.Which one would you take?

• Phil M
    Favorite Answer

If job 1 doesn't pay for your mileage, I would rule that one out. I probably would even if they did, being a high mileage car. So between 2 and 3, I would drive 40 more minutes a day for an extra $3.42 an hour. So, if all other factors were equal, I would pick job 2.

• John

Each job is not guaranteed 40 hours a week. Many jobs require that you work 56 hours a week. I once had a job that demanded 80 hours a week and it was a never ending job.

• Kyle

i assume these are commutes when traffic is normal. you should add on 30 minutes if you're driving in rush hour by any means, if not 45 minutes. if moving closer to where the better opportunity is, or if these aren't potential careers, take the third job and just keep looking elsewhere.

i would move...........................

• JetDoc

If "job #1" requires you to use your own personal vehicle for business purposes, you should be reimbursed for miles travelled.