Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 8 months ago

Seniors, do you ever get abused on yahoo answers by young people.?

I asked a legitimate question I searched yahoo for extensively to fine the answer. I made a mistake of asking it in another forum. I was told I was stupid & to look it up on google. I was told this over & over by multiple people I feel are very young & have nothing better to do than to cyber bully. I told them to google themselves if they think they can find the answer. Of course not one of them did this to prove how stupid I was. I can't believe all the names I was called.

• Justin
    Favorite Answer

People of all different ages are intimidated by questions they cannot answer. It makes them feel 'stupid,' which is why they lash out at others. I wouldn't take it so personally. The 'trolls' usually show up first. If you stick with it, you will find intelligent and kind people willing to help you. 

I have been the victim of trolls here now and again but I have no way of knowing if they are actually young people because we don't really know anything about other users here. We can all make claims that are not true whilst using this website and I think that young people are more likely to do that than seniors would because we have a real history to discuss and real advice to offer. What can the young users offer? - not much besides insults and foul words usually.

No, I am someone that seeks out the ignorant young punks and gives them a proper spanking. LOLOL They have`nt been around long enough to know anything, and are easily duped. They`re stupid.

oh yeah, big time, I've been abused by "master bates" for years ever since he found out I was a Vietnam Veteran, the abuse is even on my family.

I use it as entertainment though, I really feel sorry for him, but I give it back to him as well.

I have been here for a long time and found that when you expose yourself with questions and answers, you have to put on your mental armor because you have opened yourself to possible ridicule and insults. If you can't take both, then maybe it would be best to not participate.

• you're not alone, many young people are insolent worms now and think they are 'it'.

There are a lot of bored younger people. They have no jobs & nothing to look forward to other than getting on a site like this to ridicule something. If they thought the question was stupid, they should have proven they did an easy google search & found the answer. The fact none of them did this proves they couldn't find the answer either, but they still fully enjoyed calling you names. I've had it done to me also, all you can do is just block them or ignore them.

Since I have no idea what your question was, I really cannot comment on it directly, but I have never been "abused" on yahoo yet, but then I do not ask question that are "stupid" I guess.

• anonymous8 months agoReport

Read what I wrote. My question wasn't stupid, but you're implying it was. No need for me to say what my question was. The point is, my question could not be found on a google search, and I clearly stated that in my question.

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN JUST BLOCK THE PERSON

• Sandy

post in your note that you did an internet search, and that you were stymied. that should get you kinder and more helpful answers. I read many answers that are obnoxious. I ask if they are 10- 12 years old.

• anonymous8 months agoReport

I did post in my note I did extensive google searches. I even said in my question I did this. Didn't you see that?

I don't mind being called "old", I am old, but I detest being called "senior". You use "young people" rather than "juniors" so why use "seniors" when you mean "old people"? It is euphemistic and insulting. I'm not senior, I'm an old fart, respect that.

Cyber bullying is best ignored if you can.