Martin
Martin asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Shouldn't employers be more concerned about your ability to do the job than when you are available to work?

If I can do the job, then that should be more important than my availability schedule, shouldn't it?

Like I am great with customer service with restaurant jobs, but I want to keep my hours within M-F 6am-5pm excluding holidays, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The most important thing, son, is you.

What I mean is that your needs, your wants, and what you hope to achieve is all about you.

And son? Any one tries to tell you anything different, just ignore them - what could they possibly know.

• PoBoy
    1 year ago

Your employer sets the terms of your employment, including when he needs you to be present. You can always quit.

BTW, I never, ever hire for “ability” I can teach the necessary skills. I hire for attitude.

1 year ago

By definition, an employee makes him or herself available at specific times. If you don’t you’re a contractor.

• 1 year ago

Both is important, you have to be able to do the job, obviously, but if you aren’t there you aren’t going to be able to do anything.

• Lisa A
    1 year ago

In those types of jobs, anyone can do the work. If you can't eb there, they can get someone off the street.

1 year ago

Employers are concerned about filling quotas and giving jobs to lazy minorities instead of skilled, experienced white people because they want to be seen as diverse. The ability to actually do the job went out the window long ago.

1 year ago

What if the job depends on availability to work?

Lolz

• 1 year ago

No. You could be the best worker in the world, but if you're not available when the work needs to be done, you're useless.