Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 month ago

Does diabetes (type 2) have symptoms?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

The best is to test your fasting blood sugar level.

• 1 month ago

I had no symptoms when I was diagnosed through various blood test so go ask your doctor if you have any doubts.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both types of diabetes have the same early symptoms.  Type 1 and type 2 diabetes are both high blood sugar and the basic symptoms for high blood sugar is the same.

Frequent urination - the body is trying to pee out the excess sugar

Increased thirst - caused by the body using more fluids to pee out the excess sugar

Fatigue - feeling tired because the body isn't processing sugar into energy

Blurred vision - high sugar levels can cause swelling in the lens of the eye or damage to the small blood vessels in the eye

Slow healing - injuries heal slower - this may or may not be easily noticed

Yeast infections - higher sugar levels can "feed" a yeast infection making it easier to get them and harder to cure them.  (men can also get yeast infections)

The problem with all of these symptoms is that they can happen for other reasons also.  But if you suspect diabetes, you should always get checked.  By the time you have very noticeable symptoms, you are already diabetic.

• 1 month ago

i think it does, you could find all the symptoms online

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes. It may have all of these: Frequent Urination, Feeling thirsty, Feeling hungry even if you eat plenty, Feeling tired, Blurred vision, Wounds and Cuts taking much longer to heal, Tingling and numbness in hands and feet, Dark velvety patches of skin in the folds of the body, More fungal/yeast infections

If you have some of these then see your doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes that's true I think

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.