Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

I saw a 12 oz. jar of almond butter in Whole Foods costing $19.99, the exact same jar cost $6.99 in Wal-Mart!  Where would you buy it?

Although Wal-Mart is 30 miles from my house and the round trip costs me $7.00 in gas  it's well worth the drive to save money, or even shop Wal-Mart online.

For clarity, my point was I would not only be saving on the price of one item like the almond butter, many products are much cheaper in Wal-Mart than the stores around me to make it worth the trip, even with the gas expense. That's why I suspect Wal-Mart is intentionally being kept out of my area, because the other stores would go out of business

• In

Whole Foods charges far more than other grocery retailers. If there are no other grocery stores around then try to do your shopping all at one time so as not to waste unnecessary fuel driving to Walmart repeatedly. Walmart is rolling out grocery delivery in some markets, so you might want to look into that option if it is available.

Walmart is not intentionally being kept out of your area...they are an independent company. Whole Foods is owned by Amazon...totally different company and a competitor.

So, nobody is keeping Walmart out...they just don't see enough business in your area to add another store. There is no reason for them to add another store if you are willing to make that 30 mile trek...

Gasoline is only part of the cost. There is wear and tear also ... so the irs figures about 55 c a mile x 30 x 2 = $33 to travel + 6.99. I would quit eating almond butter or really stock up on my trip to Wal-Mart.

Source(s): lots of summer school - and advanced algebra 101

Since Whole Foods was purchased by Amazon, I rarely go there anymore. They changed their stores, eliminated all of the great and special items that they used to carry and they hiked their prices so much. I've written it off my list.

Why don't you just use Amazon or ebay you'll get it at a low price and they'll deliver it to you

There's a reason people call it Whole Paycheck.

Wal-Mart, but I wouldn't drive 30 miles to save $13. I'd get it when I was near Wal-Mart for some other reason.

if you have to pay gas i would just buy it at the whole foods

• Stoo

I can buy almond butter at my local convenience store for $9 Canadian, so no idea why it costs so much there

Sure, I would. ...