Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 4 weeks ago

What illness do you think I have?

I’ve felt sick for the past couple of weeks. I thought it was a cold at first. I’ve had the usual symptoms associated with a cold such as a sore throat, nasal congestion, and a cough. Most of that went away but i still have a cough that just won’t go away. I went to the doctor last week and they didn’t  see anything serious. I took allergy medication but that didn’t help too much. I’m just nervous because it’s just not going away. Part of me thinks it’s something bad like pneumonia but also I’ve felt fine enough to go to work. Could anyone tell me what they think it might be?

• David

Sounds like full blown Aids.

• Byrd

Hypochondria.......

It sounds like a simply lingering cough due to continue post-nasal drip and or chest congestion.  Allergy medicine isn't going to help a cough.  

Pneumonia and bronchitis generally have pretty severe symptoms.  That noted, if you are concerned, return to the doctor or go to another one.  Sometimes a viral cold can create conditions where a person develops either a viral or bacterial infection.  Bacterial infections can be treated by antibiotics.  Viruses generally have to run their course, but some medications can ease the symptoms. 

• You've had a cold. The virus has damaged the lining of your lungs. They will recover but you'll be coughing for the next couple of weeks. Drinking orange juice will help. Don't take a cough suppressant or it will last longer.

• Sparky

You might need a chest x-ray to see what is going on.

A 'nasal drip' can also cause a cough.

Perhaps you need an antibiotic?

• Lili

I think you just have a lingering cough. They are not uncommon. It's only been a couple of weeks since the cold began.

If you're that nervous, ask for some tests and a chest X-ray.

Sounds like you may be transgendered.